Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Inpatient Orthopedic Surgery
Requisition #: 191539
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 29, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Adult Acute Care NP - Inpatient Orthopedic Surgery
The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health care team and is responsible for providing comprehensive and age appropriate care to both well and / or ill patients under the direct supervision of a Nurse Practitioner or physician. The NP educates patients and/or intervenes in acute or chronic illness. The Nurse Practitioner practices within the guidelines of the unit, department, and institution and in accordance with the Nurse Practitioner-Physician Written Agreement required and approved by the State of Maryland. The Practitioner functions as a Nurse Practitioner Associate until affiliate staff privileges are granted by The Johns Hopkins Hospital Medical Board.
The Nurse Practitioner must have a current registered nurse license with the State of Maryland. Masters Degree in Nursing from an accredited school is required. Completion of an Acute Care NP program and certification with the Maryland Board of Nursing is also required.
***If your order or refer items or services for Medicare beneficiaries and you do not have an enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership Systems (PECOS), you will need to submit an enrollment application to Medicare to be eligible for employment.
- Advanced clinical skills and three years of related clinical nursing experience in the specialty are or equivalent. Adult ICU RN and/or NP experience required.
- Advanced research knowledge, including interpretation, utilization, and conduct.
- Analytical ability necessary to diagnose patients and develop and implement plans of action for long and short term management of acute and chronic health.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to enhance collaboration and problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to provide information to patient and healthcare personnel.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.