Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Abdominal Transplant
Requisition #: 222347
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Feb. 27, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Abdominal Transplant is an inpatient provider for our Comprehensive Transplant Unit (CTU). The NP will provide care for pre and post transplant patients. The CTU is an IMC/Tele/floor levels of care. You will work colaboratively with the multidisciplinary team of surgeons, physicians, nurses, pharmacy, social work, and nutrition. The NP practices within the guidelines of the department, and institution and in accordance with the Nurse Practitioner- Physician Written Agreement required and approved by the State of Maryland. You will function in a Nurse Practitioner Associate role until credentialed by The Johns Hopkins Hospital medical board and staff privileges are granted.
Shifts: working four 10 hour shifts and some weekend coverage
- MSN/DNP from an accredited nursing program required.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN and CRNP license are required
- Current certifications as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland or letter from MBON approving practice as a Nurse Practitioner Graduate while awaiting completing of JHH affiliate credentialing as a Nurse Practitioner.
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of acute care RN work experience
- RN work experience with transplant patients is preferred.
- No NP work experience required, new graduates will be considered
***You will be ordering and/or referring items or services for Medicare beneficiaries and you do not already have an enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership Systems (PECOS), you will need to submit an enrollment application to Medicare to be eligible for employment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Advanced Practice Team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our NPs are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.