Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Cardiovascular SICU
Requisition #: 177371
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 23, 2019
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Cardiovascular Surgical ICU (CVSICU) is a 14 bed adolescent/adult surgical intensive care unit. Patient population served: critically ill patients that have undergone cardiac surgery including: coronary artery bypass, valve replacement or repair, Type A aortic dissections, heart or lung transplantation, mechanical circulatory support device implantation Heartmate© II or III, & Heartware©, or ECMO.
The Nurse Practitioner practices within the guidelines of the unit department, and institution and in accordance with the Nurse Practitioner- Physician Written Agreement required and approved by the State of Maryland. You will function in a Nurse Practitioner Associate role until credentialed by The Johns Hopkins Hospital medical board and staff privileges are granted.
Shifts: 12 hour day & night rotating
- MSN/DNP from an accredited nursing program required.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN and CRNP license are required
- Current certifications as an Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in the State of Maryland or letter from MBON approving practice as a Nurse Practitioner Graduate while awaiting completing of JHH affiliate credentialing as a Nurse Practitioner.
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of acute care RN work experience
- RN work experience in an Adult ICU is preferred.
- No NP work experience required
***If you will be ordering or referring items or services for Medicare beneficiaries and you do not already have an enrollment record in the Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership Systems (PECOS), you will need to submit an enrollment application to Medicare to be eligible for employment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Advanced Practice Team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our NPs are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.