Nurse Practitioner- Occupational Injury Clinic: Sibley Memorial Hospital
Requisition #: 182235
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Washington, DC 20001
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 30, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Sibley Memorial Hospital
Nurse Practitioner in the Occupational Injury Clinic
The Occupational Injury Clinic Nurse Practitioner will provide clinical evaluation and management in areas including:
- Minor urgent care for episodic illnesses such as infections, dermatology, musculoskeletal complaints, allergies/asthma, etc
- Immunizations and management of infection control issues and exposures
- Evaluation for return to work after an injury or illness
- Assessment for Fitness for duty, and ADA disability management
- Occupational surveillance or certification
- Independent health care evaluations, treatment, and referrals
- The NP position is 40 hrs/week, dayshift, Monday – Friday, with no on-call, no weekends and no holidays
- The position offers variety, a great work culture, a generous compensation package with a full array of benefits, educational and enrichment opportunities, and a friendly and inspiring work environment
- Three (3) years of related clinical NP experience in Employee/Occupational Health, Urgent Care, Adult Primary Care or ED
- Knowledge of and experience in general medicine and medical practice, experience with patient advocacy, including protection of patient health information and current employment related regulations (ADA, FMLA, Workers’ Comp., etc.) a plus
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in Washington DC.Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the District of Columbia
- Adult, Family or Acute Care NP Certificate from an accredited NP program
- MSN or Higher Advanced Practice degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Good communication, organizational skills, ability to work with a team, professional and courteous demeanor required
- Ability to use EMR/Computer knowledge required.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and ability to provide quality patient health care required
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.