Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Urology Clinic
Requisition #: 182097
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 8, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Pay Grade: RO
Nurse Practitioner: Urology Clinic
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated academic medical facility.
Johns Hopkins nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
The Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Practitioner Associate works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health care team and is responsible for providing comprehensive and age appropriate care to both well and / or ill patients under the direct supervision of a Nurse Practitioner or physician. The NP educates patients and/or intervenes in acute or chronic illness. The Nurse Practitioner practices within the guidelines of the unit, department, and institution and in accordance with the Nurse Practitioner-Physician Written Agreement required and approved by the State of Maryland. The Practitioner functions as a Nurse Practitioner Associate until affiliate staff privileges are granted by The Johns Hopkins Hospital Medical Board.
Candidate qualifications for the Nurse Practitioner position:
- Master's Degree from an accredited nursing program required.
- Active RN licensure in the State of Maryland
- Completion of a family or adult nurse practitioner program and certification in the State of Maryland
- Three years of related RN or NP work experience; urology preferred
- Active CPR certification via AHA, Red Cross, or military training network
NP Urology Clinic Responsibilities include:
- Working up patients in clinic
- Assisting with patient communication in Epic
- Submitting orders to be signed by the physicians
- Communicating with patients over the phone
- Assists with education, triage, appointment follow up, and face-to-face time with patients during the physician visit.
Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Advanced clinical skills
- Advanced research knowledge, including interpretation, utilization, and conduct.
- Analytical ability necessary to diagnose patients and develop and implement plans of action for long and short term management of acute and chronic health.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to enhance collaboration and problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to provide information to patient and healthcare personnel.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.