Nursing Shift Coordinator - Adult Emergency Department
Requisition #: 305663
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 18, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Emergency Services is a designated Level 1 Adult Trauma Center, regional Pediatric Trauma Center, Eye Trauma Center, Stroke Center, and Cardiac Center for the state of Maryland. The Adult Emergency Department provides 24/7 comprehensive care to adult and geriatric patients as well as trauma patients 15 years and older. The department consist of 76 treatment beds and handles more than 60,000 visits annually. The Shift Coordinator provides unit leadership to include clinical oversight, patient admission/discharge flow, safe and rapid throughput within the department, and overall bed management.
Shifts: 12 hour day shift; Weekends required
- BSN/MSN from an accredited nursing program required.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- Minimum of 3 years of related RN clinical experience; experience in Emergency Nursing specialty is preferred.
- Ability to facilitate interpretation/implementation of policies and standards. Provide guidance and be a clinical resource to nursing personnel and other healthcare team members in patient care situations. Hold self and others accountable in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.