Nursing Staffing Assistant
Requisition #: 187281
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 20, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Nurse Staffing Office
Part Time/ 36 hrs./ week, Rotating Shift
Responsible for providing detailed administrative assistance and performing clerical functions in an effort to ensure cost effective measures of operation, optimal lines of communications and promote effective management of various staffing programs in the Department of Nursing. Job requires management of very involved processes.
II. JOB REQUIREMENTS
A. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work requires completion of high school level educational development and basic technical training in secretarial/office management. Experience in data entry and previous experience with computer programs such as Word, Excel and Access is required.
2. No certification, registration or licensure required.
3. Work requires the analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are often not routine.
4. Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain medical center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and/or medical center employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate.
B. Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities
1. Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping objects.
2. Work requires regularly using a keyboard to interact with computer system.
3. Work requires proofreading and/or reviewing documents.
C. Working Conditions
1. Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.