Nursing Student Externship - June 2020 Cohort
Requisition #: 200303
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 20, 2019
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Clinical Nurse Extern
Shifts: Varies; One 8 or 12 hour shift per week during the school semesters, 40 hours/week during orientation and summer/winter breaks.
- Current enrollment in an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor’s degree students are preferred but Associate’s degree students are encouraged to apply
- Active Maryland Nursing Assistant Certification is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- Possess passing grade in Fundamentals/Introduction in Nursing course
- Candidates must not graduate before February 2021
- Required to attend all hospital, nursing and unit orientation which occurs at minimum during the first 2 weeks of employment. (40 hours/week) June 1st-June 12th
- Available to work at least one 8-hour shift during the school semesters
- If chosen to move forward with the interview process, the candidate will be invited and required to attend at least one of the offered Open House sessions
Clinical Nurse Externs at The Johns Hopkins Hospital have the opportunity to provide highly skilled and compassionate patient- and family-centered care as a contributing member of the health care team. This position allows you to learn skills that will support your career development as a registered nurse. Our CNEs are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.