Requisition #: 183289
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 16, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Grand Oaks is a beautiful Assisted Living community nestled in the tree-lined streets of Northwest Washington, D.C. on the campus of Sibley Memorial Hospital. The building is a Georgian style residence with spacious apartments and variety of services to help every resident from independent living through memory care for those living with memory disorders and Alzheimer’s disease. Grand Oaks offers its employees a competitive compensation package including health, dental, vision, paid leave, free on-site parking and much more.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Nursing Supervisor directs and supervises resident care activities from 1900 to 0700 on weekdays and twenty-four hours a day on weekends and holidays.
Skills and abilities:
1. Critical thinking skills and judgment to make time sensitive decisions under stressful circumstances.
2. Ability to establish effective working relationships and promote organization-wide team efforts and cooperation.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to participate on and/or lead teams effectively.
Education and License Requirements:
1. Graduated from an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
2. Associates degree in nursing required. Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
Work location: Washington, DC
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.