Nursing Unit Secretary
Requisition #: 280083
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 9, 2021
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Ambulatory Surgery Unit
Full Time, 40 hrs. / week, Day Shift
Assessment: Position will require completion of the Microsoft Word test
Weekends Not Required
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of complex clerical and administrative duties for an assigned department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work requires a high school level of educational development and up to one year of basic technical training in office automation and one year of previous experience.
- No certification, registration, or licensure required.
- Work requires the analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain medical center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and/or medical center employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping objects.
- Work requires regularly using a keyboard to interact with computer system.
- Work requires proofreading and/or reviewing documents.
Work is generally performed in an office or clinical environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.