Nursing Unit Secretary
Requisition #: 320483
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Jan. 20, 2021
The Nursing Unit Secretary performs clerical duties according to the job description that contributes to the operation of the unit. Time frame may be revised with mutual agreement of unit administrator’s specific specialty areas.
Limited, Day Shift (24 hours per week)
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Work requires a high school level of educational development.
- No certification, registration, or licensure required.
- Work requires the analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
- Work requires computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn EPIC and other computer based systems.
- Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions, or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors which involve courtesy.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping objects.
- Work requires regularly using a keyboard to interact with computer system.
- Work may require long periods of sitting.
- Work requires proofreading and/or reviewing documents.
- Work is generally performed in an office or clinical environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.