Nursing Unit Secretary - Surgical ICU
Requisition #: 196105
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 9, 2019
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Part Time, 36 hrs/ week; Day Shift (7:00 AM – 7:30 PM)
Assessment: Position will require the successful completion of a typing test
The Nursing Unit Secretary performs clerical duties according to the job description that contributes to the operation of the unit. Time frame may be revised with mutual agreement of unit administrator’s specific specialty areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work requires a high school level of educational development.
- 1 year of experience as a Nursing Unit Secretary or healthcare setting preferred
- EPIC experience preferred
- No certification, registration, or licensure required.
- Work requires the analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
- Work requires computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn EPIC and other computer based systems.
- Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions, or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors which involve courtesy.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping objects.
- Work requires regularly using a keyboard to interact with computer system.
- Work may require long periods of sitting.
- Work requires proofreading and/or reviewing documents.
- Work is generally performed in an office or clinical environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.