Nutrition Administrative Manager
Requisition #: 207745
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Jan. 9, 2020
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Responsible for managing call center operations, host/hostess program, and monitoring the department’s performance with respect to timeliness, accuracy and overall customer service. Supports Assistant Director in menu planning and data input into CBORD menu system. Coordinates staff training and development in area of Patient Experience and therapeutic diets. Acts as a liaison between the food service department, clinical nutrition and nursing. Responsible for quality assurance monitoring and reporting for patient service program. Serves as opening/closing manager in weekend rotation and as needed to cover management schedule.
Full Time, Day Shift, (40 hours per week)
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 4940 Eastern Ave
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures, and to effectively schedule and evaluate staff’s work.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and similar products. Knowledge of CBORD menu system preferred.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets and medical nutrition therapy. Experience with Electronic Medical Record.
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills. Interpersonal skills and managerial competency necessary to lead a large staff and develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and their staff.
- Ability to work independently and within deadlines, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to identify and effectively problem solve.
- Bachelor of Science degree in food and nutrition from an accredited institution, with two years of previous experience.
- Licensed or licensure eligible as a registered dietitian as required by the State of Maryland and registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Certification to ensure competency in dietetic practice, through CDR options or similar non-CDR accepted pathways is desirable.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities
- Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping objects.
- Work requires using a keyboard to interact with computer system.
Work is generally performed in an office or clinical environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.