OB GYN Billing Compliance Coordinator
Requisition #: 188597
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Labor and Delivery
Full Time/ 40 hrs./ week, Day Shift ( 7:00 AM- 3:30 PM)
Weekends Not Required
Requires an in-depth knowledge of JHBMC and JHU physician and facility billing systems. Coordinates billing duties to ensure the efficient operation of the department, compliance with federal and state insurance regulations and policies, and the timely submission of billing documents to the appropriate areas. Reviews, monitors and works billing reports to ensure financial targets are maintained. Trains new staff on billing procedures, compliance, financial reports and processes. Troubleshoots and resolves billing issues. Liaises with Billing/Accounts Receivable and HIM as needed to maintain thresholds and resolve billing issues. Fosters teamwork in area.
II. JOB REQUIREMENTS
A. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work requires a high school level of educational development (Associate’s degree or some college coursework is preferred) and a minimum of 4-5 years of billing/batching and/or supervisory experience.
- Two (2) years of patient registration experience is preferred.
- No certification, registration, or licensure required.
- Work requires the analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
- Work requires an in-depth knowledge of the Meditech system, an understanding of billing policies and procedures, and a working knowledge of report development.
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
B. Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities
- Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping objects.
- Work requires occasionally using a keyboard to interact with computer system.
- Work requires proofreading and/or reviewing documents.
- Work is generally performed in an office or clinical environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.