Occupational Therapist II - Outpatient (Lymphedema or Hand experience)
Requisition #: 198732
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 21, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Team Coordinator and/or Clinical Specialist, and leadership of the Rehab Therapy Services Inpatient Manager
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the occupational limitations and medical condition of patients
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function
- Works collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the organization;
- Mentors others to promote quality and excellence of care
Full-time (40 hours per week) Day Shift, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., weekend work not required
Johns Hopkins Hospital, East Baltimore Campus
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited academic program.
- At least 18 months of experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist.
- Ability to use highly developed age-specific communication and interpersonal skills in interactions with patients and families, coworkers and the entire health care team.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret, summarize and document data using technology for effective clinical decision making during patient evaluation and treatment.
- Ability to apply knowledge and theory in clinical practice.
- Maryland State Licensure as an Occupational Therapist required
- Current AHA Health Care Provider CPR certification.
"Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Smoke Free Campus"
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.