Patient Services Operations Supervisor
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Hybrid work status
Location: 550 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21287, hybrid
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Dayshift; Hours 8:00a-4:30p; weekend work not required
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Supervisor in JHI Patient services provides leadership, guidance and supervision of staff to ensure the provision of effective and accurate execution of departmental procedures. Supports the Assistant Director in the day to day management of staff. This position participates in the development of operational unit policies and procedures related to scheduling, call center and all other performance metrics. Collaborate with other departmental managers, providers, and clinicians as needed. Acts as a functional unit liaison to investigate complaints associated with the unit specific operation and staff and presents facts and recommendations to the Assistant Director. Participates in the interviewing, hiring and orientation of staff, and is responsible for coaching and partnering with PS leaders and other resources to ensure training needs are met. Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
Experience with analyzing data, strong Excel and Epic skills a huge plus!!
Bachelors Degree required.
Required Work Experience:
Five years related experience in operations and customer service, preferably in a healthcare setting. One year of previous supervisor experience is required. Previous experience working with a culturally diverse employee population is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work requires professional knowledge in order to perform a wide-range of administrative duties.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations, finance, and customer relationship management principles.
- Knowledge of cultural standards and customs, relevant economic and political variables of regions.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effectively understands and interprets financial and business elements associated with internal and external clients.
- Basic knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements in healthcare.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to function as liaison between clinics, patients and mediating personnel and resolve unit specific problems.
- Ability to lead a culturally diverse group of professionals.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects and priority tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to develop creative solutions in dealing with issues.
- Ability to train, lead, and motivate people.
- Requires analytical ability to review data and resolve problems.
- Experience in project management.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.