Outpatient Pharmacist (part-time)
Requisition #: 188800
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 25, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The purpose of the outpatient pharmacist is to interpret prescriptions, compound, and dispense medications ordered by physicians or other authorized prescribers in accordance with state and federal regulatory requirements. Acts as a medication expert and provides information to both patients and health care providers. Contributes to the goals of the department by providing accurate, safe and fiscally responsible pharmacy services to our patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and adherence to pharmacy policy and procedures to facilitate their use and ensure compliance with standards and best practices
- Participates in the ordering, maintaining and selection of the appropriate inventory for prescription dispensing in order to ensure adequate supply for patient care needs and fiscal responsibility
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, recording and dispensing of controlled substances to ensure regulatory compliance with state and federal laws
- Promotes and enhances customer satisfaction and complaint resolution to provide a high level of service excellence
- Effectively supports technicians in their assigned roles through clear concise answers, monitoring work flow and mentoring to promote technician skill growth
- Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy resulting in a Pharm.D. degree or B.S.
- 2 years’ experience in retail or outpatient pharmacy setting
- Registered pharmacist in the state of Florida
- Skills and abilities:
- Ability to counsel customers
- Ability to accurately prepare and dispense prescription medications
- Ability to evaluate drug therapies
- Ability to maintain pharmacy records according to current laws and regulations
- Ability to develop working relationships with customer and health professionals
- Outstanding customer service skills
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Climate controlled environment with no physical discomforts due to temperature, noise, dust, etc.
- Possible exposure to hazardous drugs, fumes or vapors from the pharmacy that could affect the occupational health of the employee
- Attention to detail and mental/visual acuity
- Ability to stand during the entire shift
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.