Outpatient Pharmacy Technician Per Diem 1
Requisition #: 189664
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 18, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Pharmacy Technician assists in the preparation and packaging of medications, distribution and delivery of medications, maintenance of proper inventory levels of medications, and maintenance of appropriate records and documentation under the supervision of the pharmacist. Contributes to the goals of the department by assisting the pharmacist in the preparation of medications for dispensing at a demonstrated level of safe practice as defined by the Florida State Board of Pharmacy and JHACH policy. Along with other members of the Pharmacy, is responsible for providing medications to meet high standards of patient care provided by JHACH.
- Properly enters prescriptions, counts, packages, extemporaneously compounds and labels medications for a pharmacist’s review
- Follows appropriate opening and closing procedures: creates and closes cash drawer numbers, runs reports as required by policy, performs daily will-call audits as well as other assigned tasks as they pertain to opening or closing the Outpatient Pharmacy
- Performs Point of Sales (POS) Procedures accurately; ability to accurately perform prescription drop off, prescription pick up, OTC transactions and other functions as they pertain to the POS system of the outpatient pharmacies
- Promotes and enhances customer satisfaction and complaint resolution to provide a high level of service excellence
- High School Diploma/GED
- Florida Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Ability to work with computers for data entry and manipulation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment
- Strong attention to detail, follows protocols or procedures precisely
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.