Outpatient Program Therapist, LCSW - Day Treatment
Requisition #: 189763
Location: Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD 20810
Category: Social Work/Mental Health
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 16, 2019
The Outpatient Program Therapist, LCSW will work within the Day Treatment Program (PHP/IOP) located within Suburban Hospital. Clients appropriate for these programs are 18yrs and older, have a mental health diagnosis and are able to participate in group therapy. These programs provide psychological education, symptom management, supportive group therapy, expressive therapy and medication education.
The Outpatient Program Therapist, LCSW-C plans and conducts therapy programs for patients in the day hospital.
- Performs group psychotherapy and psychoeducational group therapy sessions.
- Assesses, monitors and documents patient safety.
- Performs a complete and comprehensive behavioral health intake assessment of patients referred to the Day Treatment Program including safety, compliance history with plan of care and medications.
- Determines appropriateness of level of care.
- Assists in development of programs for Day Treatment.
- Obtains voluntary consent and pre authorization for inpatient behavioral admissions and transfers from Day treatment to inpatient behavioral unit.
- Masters Degree in Social Work required
- Must be a LCSW-C
- At least 2 yrs of experience in mental health care setting
- Experience in group therapy preferred
- Experience in substance abuse is preferred
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
- 8a - 4:30p
- Mon. - Fri.
- No Weekends
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.