- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Rotating Shift
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Oxygen Therapy Technician responds to calls for respiratory therapy equipment and compressed gas cylinders throughout the hospital. Responsible for the delivery of compressed gas cylinders, maintenance of respiratory care equipment and support of the respiratory care services staff. Performs all duties that are required of a respiratory care support services technician. Other duties as specified.
Full Time, Evening Shift, 40 hours per week, 11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m., weekend work required
Johns Hopkins Hospital, East Baltimore Campus
Adult Respiratory Care Services
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 6 months of medical experience obtained as an oxygen technician, military corpsman Education in a nursing support role or as a Respiratory Therapy Technician preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable about compressed gas cylinders/systems, pasteurization/sterilization systems and assembly and maintenance of all respiratory care equipment
- Requires ability to operate machinery to clean and disinfect respiratory care equipment.
- Requires the ability to maintain records for respiratory care equipment throughout the hospital.
- Requires the ability to push/pull respiratory equipment to patient’s bedside or other Hospital area
- Requires the ability to assemble and prepare respiratory therapy equipment for use.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.