Requisition #: 1809
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Under the direction of the Practice Group Leader & Chief Legal Counsel, this position is responsible for drafting, editing and negotiating a wide-range of transactional documents, including contracts for medical equipment and product purchases, consulting services agreements, NDAs, SaaS and software agreements, amendments/addenda. The paralegal will also work independently with supervision from various attorneys. The paralegal will coordinate and collaborate with various JHHS Departments and affiliates for their input and will work closely with the JHHS Supply Chain Department.
The paralegal will be a proactive and detail oriented individual with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with clients to achieve the health systems' business and operational goals and objectives, while identifying risks. The ideal candidate is a team-player with a great attitude and the ability to balance competing priorities. This individual also utilizes critical thinking skills to interpret the information necessary for reviewing and completing first drafts of agreements.
Four-year college degree, two-year paralegal studies degree or paralegal certificate
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience. Five years' experience is preferred.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of straightforward and complex agreements under an attorneys' supervision. IT contract experience and basic knowledge of HIPAA and data privacy issues is helpful, but not required. Experience in a healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, with managers and supervisors within the health system.
- Maintaining positive, collaborative and effective relationships with peers and internal clients and outside parties including vendors.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.