Part Time Quality / Safety Manager- Temporary
Requisition #: 187874
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Temporary
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 11, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Quality/Safety Manager participates in the development and evaluation of performance improvement activities, clinical guidelines or standards of care. They collect, trend and analyze aggregate data for an identified population of patients to be used in identifying best practices and performance improvement efforts. They lead, assist, design, or initiate special projects which are coordinated and directed by the COO/VP or Director of a specific area. The Quality/Safety Manager maintains knowledge of regulatory standards at the expert level (TJC, RSA, Board of Pharmacy, and State Board regulations) and is self-directed and motivated, exhibiting independence in function and judgment. They support clinical quality and reimbursement through documentation review, staff education, field supervision and performance improvement activities.
20 hours/ week
- Master's prepared individual with demonstrated work experience in project management or performance improvement activities or,
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Pharmacy or Physical Therapy with current licensure in the State of Maryland and matriculating towards a Master's Degree or,
- Graduate of an accredited School of Engineering with expertise in process improvement industrial redesign or,
- Bacholer's Degree required and willing to begin matriculating towards a masters degree within one year of employment or,
- Master's Degree and certification in a specialty area
- Minimum of three years health care/home care experience as RN, PT, Pharmacist or Industrial Engineer greatly preferred.
- Experience in the assigned specialty is preferred.
- Requires experience commensurated with latest regulatory agency requirements.
- Experience in project management or performance improvement.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.