RN Registered Nurse Emergency Department
Requisition #: 393216
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 21, 2021
Part-time 24 hours per week! Day/evening rotating, straight evenings or straight nights are available; every 3rd weekend.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Emergency Services is a designated Level 1 Adult Trauma Center, regional Pediatric Trauma Center, Eye Trauma Center, Stroke Center, and Cardiac Center for the state of Maryland. The Adult Emergency Department provides 24/7 comprehensive care to adult and geriatric patients as well as trauma patients 15 years and older. The department consist of 76 treatment beds and handles more than 60,000 visits annually.
A series of specialized emergency nursing classes are incorporated into your orientation period to facilitate your transition into the care environment. All new hires will receive support from dedicated orientation facilitators and a nurse educator.
• BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program
• Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
• Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
• BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
• RN experience required (ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of RN experience)
• Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Important Notice: Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.