Lab Technician/Customer Service Representative
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Evening Shift
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a world-renowned leader in patient care, serving the greater Baltimore community and patients from all across the globe. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff teams provide support throughout our many specialty departments and centers, from primary visits to emergency care.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
- Responsible for, external transportation coordination, specimen receiving, specimen processing, problem solving, and tracking of specimens referred from affiliate sites and external laboratory clients and customers.
- Interface the needs of physicians, nurses, ward clerks, and external health providers, with technical and logistic information related to laboratory services available through the JHH Department of Pathology. Monitors services provided by commercial reference laboratories.
- Troubleshoots external specimen problems within the Pathology Laboratory Division.
- An Associates (A.A or A.S.) degree as a Medical Laboratory Technician, which included a 6 month supervised clinical internship in an approved laboratory; and/or equivalent education and training in microbiology, chemistry, hematology, immunohematology, or related specialty field.
- Six months of MLT internship. Alternate consideration of an individual with a broad range of experience as a Pathology Lab Tech II, with 5 or more years of experience and progressive demonstration of the skills necessary to perform the essential job functions.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.