Pathology Lab Supervisor - Technical
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a world-renowned leader in patient care, serving the greater Baltimore community and patients from all across the globe. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff teams provide support throughout our many specialty departments and centers, from primary visits to emergency care.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
- Reports to the Department of Pathology Assistant Administrator or Manager and supervises the work activities of assigned technical and non-technical employees. Assists the Assistant Administrator or Manager with developing department goals, objectives, operational policies, and procedures. Responsible for monitoring adherence to hospital and departmental policies and procedures in the department across all shifts. Assists in the development and administration of the department budget. Insures quality patient care, service excellence, and accurate collection of patient information. Resolves quality concerns and patient complaints. The Supervisor is responsible for assuring the smooth flow of patients (or patient specimens) and paperwork, refining operations to improve patient, family, and employee satisfaction. Monitors and maintains required regulatory procedures and documentation; point person for regulatory inspections of assigned area. Performs duties of subordinate staff, as needed (i.e. phlebotomy and/or specimen processing). Performs other related administrative and professional duties.
- High School diploma is required. The completion of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; or equivalent gained through at least 5 years of experience in related/appropriate discipline with progressively more responsible duties.
- ASCP (for example: CPT, MLT, HT) or other department approved/nationally recognized certification specific to phlebotomy or laboratory assignment is required. Supervisors with direct report certified staff performing competency evaluations (i.e. Phlebotomy or Laboratory) are required to hold a certification from an approved agency. Supervisors that were hired into this position prior to May 2014 may be grandfathered for one year to obtain certification
- Work requires a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience. Laboratory or Phlebotomy supervisor positions require specific experience in one or more laboratory/medical environment or related experience specific to division assignment.
- Supervisory experience preferred with demonstrated knowledge of procedures and problem-solving relevant to assigned division.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.