PATIENT CARE TECH - ED - Nights
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Howard County Medical Center, Columbia, MD 21044
- Nursing Support/Patient Care
- Night Shift
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs direct patient care tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse and performs various tasks as competency documentation designates. Work occasionally requires internal contacts outside the work group to exchange relevant information. Communication with external contacts involves providing or giving factual information.
1. High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma.
2. Completion of an approved medical training program beyond high school (i.e., PCT Training Program, Nursing Technician).
3. Minimum of one (1) year hands-on patient care experience in a hospital setting providing patient care is preferred.
4. Nursing students are excluded from the above requirements while they are actively enrolled in an approved nursing program and after completion of a Fundamentals of Nursing course. Nursing students must successfully complete the hospital-based PCT Training program prior to performing the duties of a patient care technician.
1. Nursing Assistant Certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing required.
2. Current CPR certification.
3. PCT Course Certification
HM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.