Patient Care Technician 36 hour Nights 4 South Med/Surg Oncology
Requisition #: 198617
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 18, 2019
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs direct patient care tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse and performs various tasks as competency documentation designates. Work occasionally requires internal contacts outside the work group to exchange relevant information. Communication with external contacts involves providing or giving factual information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Phlebotomy, EKG, foley catheter insertion, basic respiratory/physical therapy skills preferred.
- Must be able to pass all hospital competencies required for the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Completion of an approved medical training program beyond high school (i.e., PCT Training Program, Nursing Technician).
- Completion of an approved phlebotomy course preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year hands-on patient care experience in a hospital setting providing patient care is preferred.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Nursing Assistant Certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing required.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.