Patient Care Technician - Day Med/Surg
Requisition #: 368443
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 10, 2021
Join our great Med/Surg Team at Howard County General Hospital!!!
We offer a strong benefits package which includes:
Day shift, 3- 12's, 7a-7p
Medical, dental, and vision
Discounted food in our cafeteria
and much more
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs direct patient care tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse and performs various tasks as competency documentation designates. Work occasionally requires internal contacts outside the work group to exchange relevant information. Communication with external contacts involves providing or giving factual information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Phlebotomy, EKG, foley catheter insertion, basic respiratory/physical therapy skills preferred.
- Must be able to pass all hospital competencies required for the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Completion of an approved medical training program beyond high school (i.e., PCT Training Program, Nursing Technician).
- Completion of an approved phlebotomy course preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year hands-on patient care experience in a hospital setting providing patient care is preferred.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Nursing Assistant Certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.