Patient Care Technician--4P Med/Surg/Oncology 36 hour Night shift
Requisition #: 196249
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 15, 2019
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs direct patient care tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse and performs various tasks as competency documentation designates. Work occasionally requires internal contacts outside the work group to exchange relevant information. Communication with external contacts involves providing or giving factual information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Phlebotomy, EKG, foley catheter insertion, basic respiratory/physical therapy skills preferred.
- Must be able to pass all hospital competencies required for the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Completion of an approved medical training program beyond high school (i.e., PCT Training Program, Nursing Technician).
- Completion of an approved phlebotomy course preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year hands-on patient care experience in a hospital setting providing patient care is preferred.
- Nursing students are excluded from the above requirements while they are actively enrolled in an approved nursing program and after completion of a Fundamentals of Nursing course. Nursing students must successfully complete the hospital-based PCT Training program prior to performing the duties of a patient care technician.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Nursing Assistant Certification from the Maryland Board of Nursing required.
- Current CPR certification.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.