Patient Care Technician - NICU
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Nursing Support/Patient Care
- Day Shift
Come be a part of something bigger and work with the #1 Children's Hospital in Florida! We are Magnet designated & ranked nationally in 4 specialties by US News & World Report for 2022-2023!
By joining Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, you are eligible for the following: Benefits & PTO accruals start first day, healthy rewards, 403b with match potential, Free Parking, Tuition Assistance, Discounted meals in the Cafeteria, and more!
60 hours per pay period
The Patient Care Technician is considered an “unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP)” by the Florida Board of Nursing and functions as an assistant to the RN or LPN through regular assignments and/or delegation of tasks under the supervision of the nurse or provider. This team member is accountable for the delivery of patient care at a demonstrated level of safe practice, based on scope and competency.
Location: St. Petersburg
• A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
• Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Medical Assistant (MA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or other healthcare related certification OR
• One year of experience in a clinical setting, providing patient care OR
• An external candidate enrolled in an approved BSN program OR
• Current JHACH employee enrolled in either an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) program or an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program and have completed Fundamentals of Nursing Practice.
• Current AHA BLS Certification
• Patient care experience in a pediatric health care setting preferred
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.