Patient Care Technician/Medical Assistant -OB/GYN
Requisition #: 542725
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 8, 2022
The Patient Care Technician is considered an “unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP)” by the Florida Board of Nursing and functions as an assistant to the RN or LPN through regular assignments and/or delegation of tasks under the supervision of the nurse or provider. This team member is accountable for the delivery of patient care at a demonstrated level of safe practice, based on scope and competency.
Work Hours: 8a-5p
Work Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Benefits: Benefits & PTO accruals start first day, 403b with match potential, Free Parking, Tuition Assistance, Healthy Rewards, Discounted meals in the Cafeteria, and more!
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Medical Assistant (MA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or other healthcare related certification OR
- One year of experience in a clinical setting, providing patient care OR
- An external candidate enrolled in an approved BSN program OR
- Current JHACH employee enrolled in either an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) program or an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program and have completed Fundamentals of Nursing Practice.
- Current AHA BLS Certification
- Patient care experience in a pediatric health care setting preferred
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.