PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN - Progressive Care APT
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Nursing Support/Patient Care
- Rotating Shift
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
The Patient Care Technician, CNA performs routine and specialized tasks in providing direct patient care under the functional direction of a registered nurse.
- Assist the patient with changing/dressing
- Transports the patient by stretcher, bed, or wheelchair (this is a large part of the job)
- Identifies abnormal findings that could adversely affect surgical and patient outcomes, including abnormal vital signs, Accucheck results, lab, EKG, and CXR results
- Report all abnormal findings to the appropriate nursing staff
- Escorts patients to holding rooms
- Assists with patient changing, and removal of belongings such as jewelry, dentures, contact lenses, etc.
- Verifies patient information
- Orients patients and families to the environment
- Obtains vital signs
- Current Maryland CNA certification
- CPR certification - AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- High School diploma or GED required
- Previous PCT experience is preferred but will consider newly certified CNAs
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee tuition reimbursement
- Dependent tuition reimbursement
- On-campus gym
Important Notices: Effective January 1st. 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.