- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Day Shift
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Shift: Location: 601 N Caroline Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift: 8:30 Aam - 5:00 pm
Johns Hopkins Medicine International (JHMI) is a healthcare services organization created to further the mission of Johns Hopkins Medicine; namely, to improve the health of the global community by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care.
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Services, the Patient Coordinator is responsible for the care coordination of International patients while following standard best practices of a call center and patient care coordination. The individual is expected to manage a high patient caseload across multiple departments in a complex matrix organization. In this fast-paced environment, the Patient Coordinator must be able to multitask, collaborate with clinics, departments and hospital staff and pay close attention to detail while providing a high level of customer service at all times. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, conversion of appropriate referrals, timely scheduling of appointments and clinical service in both outpatient and inpatient settings, conveying important appointment details to payors and/or patients, and efficiently coordinating and confirming additional recommendations by the treating clinical team (i.e. treatment, medications, equipment, etc.). The individual must perform these duties while adhering to detailed hospital/department protocols and ensuring accurate level of documentation in all systems.
The Patient Coordinator must be able to synthesize multiple sources of information and input from stakeholders to quickly and effectively manage needs and/or queries from patients & family members, physicians, and clients. Additional duties may include serving in an administrative capacity, receiving inbound contacts (calls, emails, faxes, etc.) from patients, physicians and staff, participating in patient experience initiatives, providing patient orientation, data tracking, and process improvement projects.
B.A. or B.S. or equivalent work experience in a healthcare and/or multinational business setting with a strong focus on customer service
4 years related experience in healthcare and/or international business with a strong focus on customer service best practices. Bilingual/second language a huge plus.
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Familiarity with insurance terminology
- Competence in the use of automated appointment scheduling and registration systems, database software, and call center telephone systems
- General understanding of database management preferred
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including the ability to cope with a demanding clientele and the ability to defuse situations of high emotion or conflict
- Advanced organizational skills – ability to prioritize multiple activities and follow them accurately to completion
- Excellent verbal, telephone, written and communication skills to interact with a diverse group of patients, families, members of the health care team, executives and external clients/ referral sources
- Strong customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to work within a complex matrix organization
- Ability to work well on a team or independently
- Possesses integrity and accountability in actions and behaviors based on values consistent with the expectations of organizational culture
- Promotes teamwork and collegiality throughout the team and all levels of the organization and demonstrates highest professionalism as a representative of JHMI.
- Understands HIPPA standards and protects confidential patient information
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.