Requisition #: 197097
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 16, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Full Time/ 40 hrs./week, Eve Shift (3:00 PM – 11:30 PM)
Transports patients and specimens to designated locations within the Hospital. Transports patients in wheelchairs or on stretchers. When required, manipulates such items as intravenous and oxygen equipment on patients to avoid disconnection from the patient, or damage to the equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work requires the ability to understand simple verbal instructions and to read and understand written instructions.
- No certification, registration or licensure required. Valid CPR required. (Must complete the American Heart Association Heartsaver AED or Healthcare Provider course with the American Heart Association).
- Work requires the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
- Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions, or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors which involves courtesy.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Pushing and/or pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g., stretchers, supply carts, mops) weighing over 50 pounds.
- Stooping and bending.
- Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
Work is generally performed in an office or clinical environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant or hazardous working conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.