Patient Financial Service Rep I - Eligibility
Requisition #: 185660
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 20, 2019
The Patient Financial Services Representative I is responsible for a variety of roles, including but not limited to customer service, claim processing, and cash posting. Assists with all facets of the hospital billing process to meet deadlines and to be timely in reducing unbilled inventory, accounts receivable, cash posting, and account inquiries.
Work Hours: Day Shift 8:00am- 5:00pm
Work Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
- Reviews assigned work to validate and reconcile accuracy to ensure quality and integrity of information handled
- Researches information for proper resolution within designated timeframes to complete assigned responsibilities.
- Effectively plans daily workload to ensure maximum productivity consistent with individual and departmental requirements
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
- 1 year of relevant work experience with basic understanding of medical, billing and coding terminology for physician and/or hospital facility
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Basic computer skills, working in multiple systems and proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.