Patient Financial Service Rep III- Business Support Specialist
Requisition #: 198161
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 1, 2019
Responsible for a variety of roles, including but not limited to customer service, claim processing, and cash posting. The purpose of this position is to assist with all facets of the hospital billing process to meet deadlines and to be timely in reducing unbilled inventory, accounts receivable, cash posting, and account inquiries.
Work Hours: Day Shift 8:00am-4:30pm
Work Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
- At least four years of relevant work experience with advanced understanding of medical, billing and coding terminology for physician and/or hospital facility
- Comprehensive knowledge physicians and/or hospital facility insurance and self-pay accounts receivable with contract reimbursement and/or denials management and/or claims appeals and/or claims follow-up and/or refunds and credit balance review and processing experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced computer skills, working in multiple systems and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.