Patient Financial Services Representative II-Collector
Requisition #: 177061
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: March 11, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Responsible for a variety of roles, including but not limited to customer service, claim processing, and cash postings. Assists with all facets of the hospital billing process to meet deadlines and to be timely in reducing unbilled inventory, accounts receivable, cash posting, and account inquiries.
- Handles assigned business office related functions of detailed, medium complexity; including moderate level problem solving, in a timely and efficient manner to ensure individual, departmental and organizational quality and productivity goals are met
- Takes appropriate action on matters and/or escalates to designated party for timely resolution; continues follow-up as appropriate until matter is resolved
- Performs data entry functions consistent with department requirements to ensure individual and departmental goals are met
- Reviews assigned work to validate and reconcile accuracy to ensure quality and integrity of information handled
- Performs Root-Cause analysis and researches information for proper resolution within designated timeframes to complete assigned responsibilities and/or support process improvements
- Effectively plans daily workload to ensure maximum productivity consistent with individual and departmental requirements
- Supports training of assigned staff, serves as a mentor to PFS I
- Participates and supports assigned tasks for projects to meet departmental needs and support goal achievements
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 years of relevant work experience with moderate understanding of medical, billing and coding terminology for physician and/or hospital facility
- Moderate knowledge physicians and/or hospital facility insurance and self-pay accounts receivable with contract reimbursement and/or denials management and/or claims appeals and/or claims follow-up and/or refunds and credit balance review and processing experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Moderate computer skills, working in multiple systems and proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.