Patient Financial Services Representative III-Collector- REMOTE
Requisition #: 568305
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 22, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for a variety of roles, including but not limited to customer service, claim processing, and cash posting. The purpose of this position is to assist with all facets of the hospital billing process to meet deadlines and to be timely in reducing unbilled inventory, accounts receivable, cash posting, and account inquiries.
1. Handles assigned business office related functions of comprehensive, high complexity; including high level problem solving, in a timely and efficient manner to ensure individual, departmental and organizational quality and productivity goals are met
2. Takes appropriate action on matters and/or escalates to designated party for timely resolution; continues followup as appropriate matter is resolved
3. Performs data entry functions consistent with department requirements to ensure individual and departmental goals are met
4. Reviews assigned work to validate and reconcile accuracy to ensure quality and integrity of information handled
5. Advanced root-cause research and problem solving of information for proper resolution within designated timeframes to complete assigned responsibilities and/or improve processes
6. Effectively plans daily workload to ensure maximum productivity consistent with individual and departmental requirements
7. Supports training of assigned staff, serves as a mentor to PFS I and PFS II
8. Participates and supports assigned tasks for projects and may be asked to do independent projects to meet departmental needs and support goal achievement
A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
At least four years of relevant work experience with advanced understanding of medical, billing and coding terminology for physician and/or hospital facility Comprehensive knowledge physicians and/or hospital facility insurance and self-pay accounts receivable with contract reimbursement and/or denials management and/or claims appeals and/or claims follow-up and/or refunds and credit balance review and processing experience.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Advanced computer skills, working in multiple systems and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Johns Hopkins Medicine.