Patient Service Coordinator IV
Requisition #: 185625
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 27, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
Organizes and prioritizes work to meet changing needs. Requires ability to recommend deferral of uninsured and underinsured elective admissions if financial criteria are not met within very limited timeframe (ed. 1 hour). Completes account adjustments, etc, for JHHS. Ensure proper access to Medicare software. Distribute and comply with ten-day alert report. Review unbilled reports. Disseminate in-service information. Collect productivity reports.
In absence of supervisor, interacts with others in a "quasi-supervisory" capacity. Acts as a team leader for projects. May assign work to others and/or provide guidance and direction to others. Assists in providing "hands-on" training to new employees and retraining employees.
Full-time, Evening Shift
Weekend Work Required
Work Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Pediatric Emergency Department
- A.A. degree or 5 years of related healthcare experience. B.A. degree preferred.
- Ability to interact successfully with the public. Ability to perform effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities; maintaining personal composure in high stress situations.
- Ability to demonstrate and convey a favorable image of the organization and to conform to proper standards of professional dress, attitude and demeanor. Ability to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, patients' families/visitors and clinical staff.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and with meticulous attention to detail. Demonstrate a strong ability to use initiative and judgment and to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to proficiently operate PC's and PC applications.
"Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Smoke Free Campus"
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.