Patient Service Representative - Sarasota
Requisition #: 198191
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Sarasota, FL 34230
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 27, 2020
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Johns Hopkins All Children's Outpatient Care in Sarasota is an 28,000 square foot outpatient facility that provides quality pediatric medical and therapeutic services in a convenient setting. All of the physicians, nurses and other professionals who work at All Children's Outpatient Care are extensively trained to meet the special needs of children of all ages. They work closely with community physicians, providing a continuum of care for kids with complex medical problems. Just as important, they treat young patients and their families with special care, and with concern for their emotional well-being
The PSR supports administrative operations by working closely with families in a way that supports the culture of JHACH. The position interacts with physicians, clinical staff and other administrative positions to accurately schedule, register, financially clear (rehab only) and support daily operations.
- Greets patients, answers telephone calls, and has interactions with patients to enhances the customer experience
- Pulls, controls and files patient charts to facilitate the availability of timely medical information and protects a patient's privacy
- Schedules and pre-registers patients following established policies and procedures to ensure accuracy
- Assists in the completion of eligibility and authorizations to ensure patients are financially cleared prior to service delivery
- Accurately checks-in patients following established processes while maximizing efficacy to facilitate seamless throughput to the next step of a patients visit
- Checks out patients including scheduling follow-up appointments and ancillary procedures across multiple services to support continuity of patient care
- Enters charges, collects payment and handles cash following established procedures to support revenue cycle processes
- Follows organizational policies and procedures that support job responsibilities to work across multiple departments
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 1 year of medical office experience or business experience in a health plan, outpatient healthcare delivery site, clinic, hospital or other equivalent healthcare setting
- Knowledge of healthcare business office procedures including: registration, scheduling, medical record management, insurance
- Skilled in greeting patients and answering telephones in a pleasant and helpful manner, speaking clearly and concisely
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Use of computers throughout work day
- Frequent use of keyboard with repetitive motion of hands, wrist and fingers
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.