Patient Service Representative- Tampa
Requisition #: 197855
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Tampa, FL 33601
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 29, 2019
The PSR supports administrative operations by working closely with families in a way that supports the culture of JHACH. The position interacts with physicians, clinical staff and other administrative positions to accurately schedule, register, financially clear (rehab only) and support daily operations.
- Greets patients, answers telephone calls, and has interactions with patients to enhances the customer experience
- Pulls, controls and files patient charts to facilitate the availability of timely medical information and protects a patient's privacy
- Schedules and pre-registers patients following established policies and procedures to ensure accuracy
- Assists in the completion of eligibility and authorizations to ensure patients are financially cleared prior to service delivery
- Accurately checks-in patients following established processes while maximizing efficacy to facilitate seamless throughput to the next step of a patients visit
- Checks out patients including scheduling follow-up appointments and ancillary procedures across multiple services to support continuity of patient care
- Enters charges, collects payment and handles cash following established procedures to support revenue cycle processes
- Follows organizational policies and procedures that support job responsibilities to work across multiple departments
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
- 1 year of medical office experience or business experience in a health plan, outpatient healthcare delivery site, clinic, hospital or other equivalent healthcare setting
- Knowledge of healthcare business office procedures including: registration, scheduling, medical record management, insurance
- Skilled in greeting patients and answering telephones in a pleasant and helpful manner, speaking clearly and concisely
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Use of computers throughout work day
- Frequent use of keyboard with repetitive motion of hands, wrist and fingers
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.