PCT/HUC - NICU (Days) 24 hour week
Requisition #: 188600
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Under the supervision of the professional RN the PCT/HUC participates in patient centered care across the continuum and performs clerical functions that support unit operations. Provides quality care to patients as part of the primary team assigned by the unit RN Clinical Nurse or the RN Clinical Team Leader/Supervisor. Contributes to the goals of the department by providing an opportunity for the PCT/HUC to collaborate with all members of the care team and being accountable for the delivery of patient care at a demonstrated level of safe practice and as defined by JHACH policy.
- Assists patients by responding to intercom requests; obtaining needed services from nurses and other hospital personnel
- Creates a welcoming environment by greeting patients, families and visitors, in person or on the telephone, answering inquiries, relaying calls to patients, giving directions, and referring inquiries to nursing or other staff
- Collects data, inclusive of vital signs, and notifies the registered nurse and other caregivers of findings
- Establishes patient record and documents patient care services completing patient identification
- Maintains unit operations by following policies and procedures and reporting needed changes
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains unit supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies
- Keeps unit equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; calling for repairs as needed
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adheres to infection-control polcies and protocols
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Assists in performing other patient care related activities as determined by the RN Clincal Nurse or the RN Clinical Team Leader/Supervisor.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant, (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or other healthcare related certification and/or one (1) year of experience in a clinical setting required
- Current AHA BLS Certification
- Patient care experience in an acute care hospital setting perferred
**Weekend work Required**
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.