Pediatric Infusion & Home Health Nurse
Requisition #: 540464
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Oct. 26, 2022
Being a Home Care RN with Johns Hopkins Home Care Group is an unique opportunity to work in a collaborative culture at an agency with a 5 star patient satisfaction rating. You will have the autonomy to make individualize patient-centered decisions utilizing your critical thinking skills to prevent hospitalizations and promote patient’s recovery and healing at home.
With our interdisciplinary approach to care, you will work collaboratively with specialist and therapist to provide our patients with high quality skilled care. The management team will be your advocate, helping to remove any barriers you may face. You are never alone as our management team will be your champion to promote your professional development and ensure your safety.
Location: Baltimore Metro Area
Provides direct patient care or teaches caregivers and/or patients how to do their own care when appropriate usually in the setting of the patient’s home. This position requires a pediatric nurse with strong clinical skills and attributes in the following areas:
- Care and use of CVADs including dressing changes involving removal and replacement of securement devices
- Placement of peripheral lines in school-aged children through young adulthood
- Administration of infusions of Biologics, Chemotherapy, PN, and Antibiotics
- Enteral care for all types of tubes (GT, NG, ND, GJ, etc.)
- Experience working with infants (under 2 years old) with complex care needs (O2 dependency, ostomies, apnea monitors, short-gut, PN dependent, cardiac anomalies, genetic syndromes, etc.)
- General wound care knowledge and ability to learn how to do negative pressure wound therapy (wound VAC)
- Current licensure as RN in Maryland & in the District of Columbia
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Maryland drivers' license and current auto insurance, working vehicle; agree to comply with Maryland & DC law for mandatory seat belt use
- Accredited Nursing School graduate
- BSN preferred or matriculating to a BSN degree or higher within 2 years of hire
- Three-years pediatric nursing experience, preferably experience working in the PICU, NICU, or ED.
- Home care experience preferred
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Health System has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.