Pediatric Physical Therapist, Inpatient/Outpatient
Requisition #: 179970
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 2, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
The Physical Therapist I:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Team Coordinator, the Rehab Therapy Services Team Leader and the Inpatient Manager
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients who have neuromusculoskeletal and/or cardiopulmonary disabilities
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function
- Rotates through assigned areas of department or may have the opportunity to focus on one service area
- Work collaboratively with all members of the mutlidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care
Full-time, Day Shift
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Weekend Work Required
Work Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, East Baltimore Campus
Completion of a Bachelor of Science, Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Physical Therapy from an accredited academic program.
Required Licensure, Certification, Etc.:
Licensure from State of Maryland, Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Current AHA Health Care Provider CPR certification.
"Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Smoke Free Campus"
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.