Pharmacy Operations Coordinator
Requisition #: 191500
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Pharmacy Operations Coordinator interprets prescriptions and compounds and dispenses medications ordered by physicians or other authorized prescribers. The Pharmacy Operations Coordinator is a medication expert and provides information to both patients and health care professionals. The Pharmacy Operations Coordinator also completes other duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager. The Pharmacy Operations Coordinator works under moderate supervision with appropriate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The Pharmacy Operations Coordinator reports to the Pharmacy Manager. In the event the Pharmacy Manager is not available, the Pharmacy Operations Coordinator addresses all emergent personnel and operational issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm.D.
- Residency Preferred
- Licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Maryland
- Certified by the Maryland Board of Pharmacy to provide vaccinations preferrably upon hire and required within six (6) months of employment
- Active CPR certification
- At least two years retail outpatient pharmacy experience preferred
- Two years experience interpreting prescriptions, compounding and dispensing medications in a retail setting preferred
- Familiar with computer databases for retrieving clinical patient information and dispensing in a retail setting
- General knowledge of pharmacological principles and procedures
- Knowledge of state/federal laws and regulations pertaining to the receipt, storage and dispensing of drugs
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.