Requisition #: 2163
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore, MD is hiring for a Maryland-licensed Pharmacy Technician.
Full-time hours -Day & Evening rotation plus every 3rd weekend.
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and in coordination with other technicians, pharmacy technicians are responsible for a variety of duties to assist in the preparation and packaging of medications, distribution and delivery of medications, maintaining proper inventory levels, and keeping appropriate records and documentation.
- Manages inventory of pharmaceuticals and related supplies.
- Complies with pharmaceutical contracts when purchasing.
- Participates in the drug delivery process.
- Organizes work to meet changing priorities.
- Participates in the development of procedures for the department.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Reads and understands instructions for product preparation.
- Interprets a variety of operational reports.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- MD Pharmacy Tech Registration required. CPhT (technician certification) is preferred.
- Completion of an external pharmacy technician training program is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of pharmacy work routines, procedures, materials and/or equivalent.
- Requires knowledge of pharmacy terminology, medication names and aseptic technique.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.