Pharmacy Technician Extender
Requisition #: 198485
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 14, 2019
The Johns Hopkins Hospital provides patient care to a diverse patient population and offers programs and services to support access to needed medical care. This includes support for patients who are enrolled in patient assistance programs (PAP) offered by drug manufactures. PAP is a program under which qualified patients can receive medications for their treatment at no cost. The Weinberg Oncology Pharmacy Division at JHH, currently has an opening for a Pharmacist Extender Position to coordinate the oncology Patient Assistance Program (PAP). To fill this important opening, we are seeking an experienced pharmacy technician who has robust customer service, time management and organizational skills, and possesses strong problem solving/critical thinking skills. The PAP Coordinator must be able to multi-task and work independently.
The position responsibilities involve a number of operational and administrative duties, which includes, but are not limited to:
- Assist provider groups with identifying and enrolling patients in free drug patient assistance programs (PAP)
- Request and coordinate shipment of PAP medication supplies with the manufacturers
- Manage the drug shipment upon arrival in the Weinberg pharmacy and update the Epic Willow Inventory
- Manage PAP drug supply for patients who are no longer receiving treatment
- Submit drug replacement forms to manufacturers that do not supply the drugs proactively
- Apprise pharmacy staff of patients enrolled in PAP to ensure appropriate inventory supplies are utilized for individual patient doses
- Assist pharmacist billing team in ensuring appropriate billing charges for PAP doses
- Track and record patients enrollment, discontinuation and drug inventory
- Submit PAP medication supply waste reimbursement requests when necessary
The pharmacist extender will play an integral role in delivery timely care to all our patients. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to multi-task, work independently and who can promote safe and effective use of medications by providing the pharmacist with accurate and timely information necessary to make informed clinical recommendations and participates in performance improvement activities to increase the scope and quality of pharmacy services.
- One year work experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital pharmacy setting or successful completion of coursework in pharmacology plus 6 months of work experience as a pharmacy technician in a hospital pharmacy setting.
- Applicable experience as a pharmacist extender is desired.
- Must be registered with the Maryland Board of Pharmacy and have Pharmacy Techncian Certification Board Certification.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.