Pharmacy Technician Per Diem
Requisition #: 186606
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 18, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The pharmacy technician’s purpose is to assist in the preparation, compounding, packaging, distribution, and delivery of medications to JHACH patients. Contributes to the goals of the department by being accountable for the delivery and coordination of patient medications at a demonstrated level of safe practice as defined by the Florida State Board of Pharmacy and JHACH policy. Along with other members of the Pharmacy, is responsible for providing medications to meet high standards of patient care provided by JHACH.
- Prepares, compounds, packages, distributes, and delivers medications to patient care areas using timely, safe and secure measures in compliance with departmental guidelines to provide the highest quality of pharmaceutical care
- Utilizes automation technology per policy and procedure to maintain adequate inventory levels in order to reduce waste and patient safety risk
- Accountable for proper compounding, handling, and storage of hazardous materials according to department of pharmacy policy to remain compliant as defined by the Florida Board of Pharmacy, and other applicable regulatory agencies
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment for preparation of medications, and documents cleaning per area policy in order to reduce safety risk due to infectious diseases
- Ensures proper triaging of incoming communication for pharmacy operations to provide the highest quality of customer service and patient care
- Completes assigned inspections and maintains documentation to fulfill regulatory responsibilities as outlined in departmental policies and guidelines
- Participates in departmental educational efforts, maintains required certifications, in-services, and training, and participates actively in orientation and training of new personnel to promote a high level of customer service and highest level of pharmaceutical care
- High school diploma/GED
- Pharmacy technician experience not required as long as registered with the Florida Board of Pharmacy
- Florida Board of Pharmacy Registration
- Excellent computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office Products - Word, Excel, Outlook
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Works in restricted/confined space
- Stands for prolonged periods of time.
- Accesses tiered shelving to include bending and climbing using small step stools
- Handles antineoplastic or cytotoxic products
- Works with sharp objects including needles and knife blades
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.