Physical Therapist II - Greenspring
Requisition #: 198737
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Lutherville, MD
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 21, 2019
The Johns Hopkins Outpatient Rehabilitation Network is currently seeking a Musculoskeletal Physical Therapist to work in its, newest multi-disciplinary, multi-specialty outpatient center at Green Spring Station(GSS) in Lutherville, Maryland. The GSS Pavilion III opening in 2019 and the home of the Johns Hopkins Medicine Musculoskeletal Institute. This integrated practice of Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Physiatry, Radiology, Pain Management, and Rehabilitation Therapy Services, occupies over 24,000 square feet and offers state-of-the art instrumented gait analysis, golf simulation, 3D motion analysis, indoor golf simulator, and many other cutting edge technologies and services to meet the needs of an active population. In addition to clinical care, employment in the Rehab Network offers access to the largest clinical academic training through its affiliation with accredited residencies in Orthopedic, Sports, and Pelvic Health PT and accredited fellowships in Hand Therapy, Performing Arts PT, and Speech-Language Pathology. Rounding out the department’s commitment to the tripartite mission is opportunities for clinical investigation in departmental quality improvement projects and collaborative studies through institutional review board (IRB) guided research.
If you are seeking an opportunity to grow and develop professionally beyond just the scope of direct patient care, consider applying for a position on a team of progressive therapists who provide inspired care.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Team Coordinator and/or Clinical Specialist, and leadership of the Rehab Therapy Services Team Leader and/or Inpatient or Outpatient Manager
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function
- Work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care
- Mentors others to promote quality and excellence of care
Full-Time, Day Shift, 40 hours per week, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., weekend work not required
The Johns Hopkins Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- At least 18 months of experience as a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science, Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Physical Therapy from an accredited academic program.
- Knowledge of Physical Therapy foundation and theory, evaluation and treatment techniques, research and application, leadership and management as required by the academic program.
- Licensure from the State of Maryland, Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Current AHA Health Care Provider CPR certification.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.