Physical Therapist - Ortho
Requisition #: 447963
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 20, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 447963
Location: 600 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Exempt; Pay Grade: CN
- Works under the direct supervision of the Team Coordinator and/or Clinical Specialist, and leadership of the Rehab Therapy Services Team Leader and/or Inpatient or Outpatient Manager
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical limitations and medical condition of patients
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function
- Work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital systems to benefit patient care
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care
- Mentors others to promote quality and excellence of care
Completion of a Bachelor of Science, Master's Degree or Doctorate in Physical Therapy from an accredited academic program.
Successful completion of clinical internships as required by academic program. MSK Dry Needling Certified preferred. Would consider supporting education to get certfied.
Licensure from State of Maryland, Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Current AHA Health Care Provider CPR certification.
- Knowledge of basic social, behavioral, biological and physical science as required by academic program Knowledge of Physical Therapy foundation and theory, evaluation and treatment techniques, research and application, leadership and management as required by the academic program.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Annual completion of required departmental and/or service competency learning packages.
- Ability to use highly developed age specific communication and interpersonal skills in interactions with patients and families, coworkers and the entire health care team.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and summarize data for effective clinical decision making in patient evaluation and treatment.
- Ability to apply knowledge and theory in clinical practice.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.